Year 2021 in Review from President Gary McCauley
As we embark on 2022 with new opportunities and challenges, we should take a moment to reflect on the past six months.
The success of the Old Saybrook Rotary is directly related to our members who’ve given generously of their time, talent, and funds.
Thank you all for an outstanding team effort.
- The Summer Concert Series from Timmy Maia to Larry Bonin. Great music, weather, and enthusiastic crowds.
- Our new website that showcases Rotary and our role in the community.
- Golf Tournament at Fox Hopyard - great venue, excellent weather, and a wonderful turnout.
- Chamber of Commerce Annual Craft Fair - our usual outstanding hot dogs with tasty ice cream sandwiches.
- 2nd Annual Macaroni Take Out Dinner. Great food and well attended.
- Meals on Wheels two mornings per week.
- Interesting and informative speakers from the military, finance, & the environment.
- Another fabulous Third Grade Dictionary Project Program.
- Special Club presentations celebrating the arts. Nathan W. with a dramatic presentation and Joan W. with her violin.
- Westbrook Thanksgiving Dinners in cooperation with the Westbrook Foundation.
-Thanksgiving Turkey Drive in collaboration with Liberty Bank. A shout out to the Interact Club for a large contribution.
- Frosty 5K sponsored by the Interact Club.
- Pat D’s radio presentation on the Transfer Station Project.
- 33rd Torch Light Parade refreshment tent.
- Devin C. recognition as a rising star by the Millennial Action Project.
- Thank you to Sal’s Pasta, Parthenon Diner, Penny Lane Pub, Saybrook Point Inn & Marina for graciously hosting our meetings.
- Student of the Month - a pleasure to meet and showcase talented young people.
- Excellent press from the Saybrook Events Magazine, Harbor News, and other publications.
- The retirement of Rev. Ed. C. - we wish him well and thank him for his years of service.
- Welcome to our newest member - Gail Fahey!!
- A sad farewell to Brent Taylor - a truly great Rotarian.