Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) Program
RYLA Candidate Criteria
- Demonstrated leadership in school or community organizations.
- Ability to make moral decisions; knowing right from wrong.
- Willing to be a participating member of a group.
- Be informed about current events; local, state, national and international.
- Willingness to express one's thoughts in front of an audience.
The cost of the program includes all hotel accommodations, meals and conference materials. The sponsoring Rotary Club pays the cost of the program and may sponsor two students to attend each conference. Space is limited please apply early. Participation is open to high school students from every community within District 7980.
Conference honorees from throughout Connecticut will be attending and each participant will be assigned a roommate(s). Our program will include workshops on Leadership, Time Management, Listening and Communication, Relationships, Goal Setting, Team Building and Personal Development. Rotarians will discuss Rotary's purpose, service to the community and Rotary's role in helping mankind around the globe. Local Rotary clubs have been invited to share their community service projects, local and international projects are featured during their sessions. The honorees will actively participate in numerous sessions of the program. The dress is casual, but neat. Ample free time will be provided for socializing, networking and lots of FUN.